Friday, June 5, 2009

Struggling again with the STRESS!

So, I've made it a month and really haven't struggled with my plan all that much. It's been easy for me to stick to my calorie goal and I've been exercising regularly, but today, I've hit a wall. I feel like giving up! I was thinking....baking cookies and eating the whole batch! That sounds great! OK, so I can't really make it through the whole batch, but I can give it my best!

The problem is, there is so much stress in my life! I try not to worry about money. It used to make me crazy, but now, for the most part, I know that there is nothing I can do about it at this second and so I can't stress about it! However, today is not one of those days! Today is payday, it's also the worst payday because all the money will go towards our mortgage. And we'll still have bills to pay. There's a good chance will still have some of our mortgage to pay.

When we bought our house, my husband had been receiving a raise of $1/hr every year. The year that we bought it, they gave him a $2/hr raise. They year after that though, he didn't receive a raise. Finally after a couple months and some persuading on my part, my husband asked for more money. They said they had given him extra the year before so we could have more money when we bought the house....so, there would be no raise that year. Well, his boss must have felt bad and pushed for him, because about a month later, he gave him a 75 cent/hour raise. Since then, the company started losing money and we haven't (or anyone else for that matter) received another raise. On top of that, his hours were cut in October and then again in January. So, making our house payment every month has been a bit of a challenge!

However, I think we have done pretty good! We've only been late once on our payment. Most of the time our credit cards are paid on time and we usually have bread in the drawer for sandwiches. :) So, I'm not sure what I'm complaining about. I guess I'm not! I'm lucky to have a house and 2 cars that run!

It's not just money, it's my family, it's his family, it's the kids school, it's my school, it's yard work, it's housework, it's kids fighting, it's my job, it's my weight, it's everything! I'm a stress-er. That's what I do! I could use a pedicure, but then, there's the money stress! :)

So, I guess I need to turn the music up, clean the house and move on!

But, I'm really tired, so maybe I'll try to take a nap and hopefully I'll wake up happy and ready to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment