Sunday, May 24, 2009

Longest Hike Yet!

Yesterday we went on our longest hike yet. It was 4.6 miles long. We also gained 710 feet in elevation, our highest so far. The hike seemed relatively easy compared to the last one. I think that the biking has been helping. I had worked hard to get in 30 minutes of bike riding every day to help me build some endurance. I think it really helped! Maybe not, maybe it was just an easier hike. I guess I'll find out next weekend.

Tomorrow we are going to take another short hike. Since we all have the day off, I thought we should go ahead and try to get in another one.

I've also increased my calorie intake since last week. As you know, I didn't lose much weight in week 2. I'm hoping for more in week 3. Hopefully increasing my calories will help.

I'm still weighing every day. That's probably one of the worst things I can do. It's really hard on me when I don't lose weight or when I weigh more. So far, I haven't taken a wrong turn when that happens, but I do limit my calories more, which I think was probably the problem in the first place.

So, for the next two days, I'm going to shoot for 1900 calories and HOPEFULLY, I will have lost more than a 1/2 a pound....or worse yet, I don't want to not lose at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment